If we are friends on Facebook, you may have saw my post last night basically thanking all my viewers for taking the time to check out my blog. I also said I wanted to post a tutorial everyday as a 'thank you'. I decided to continue on with my Halloween nail tutorials because I continue to come up with ideas. For today's "look", I went with Count Dracula.





Begin with applying your base coat. (I feel like I'm always repeating myself, but this very important if you don't want to stain your nails!) Once that is dry, I painted all my nails black except for my ring finger. The black polish I used was a random matte polish I found at my local oriental shop. I don't know as to why I even decided to paint my nails with a matte finish because my top coat was obviously just going to ruin that matte effect - if you would like a matte effect after you've done your design, I recommend NYC's Matte Me Crazy top coat. For my ring finger, I mixed a muted grey-ish color (Revlon's Top Speed in Stormy) and a white polish. I just felt that Stormy was a bit too dark for this look in particular and why go out an buy another nail polish when you can improvise? 
*Note: It does not matter how messy you paint your nails, all you need is a cotton swab or nail brush dipped in acetone and clean the edges as much as possible once you've finished your manicure.




I began with dipping my nail striper into black polish and drew Dracula's hair. To make the 'v' a little more defined, I took another striper with the grey/white polish mixture I made earlier and shaped it out a little more. Once you add your top coat, you won't see that harsh line that you see above on my nail.




Next, I gave Dracula some brows and drew the top of his infamous cape.





My camera's battery died shortly after. All I did was take some pastel blue polish on a dotting tool and gave him some eyes. I went with this pastel blue to add some color, but not something that was too harsh. Once that dried, I dotted on black pupils. Then, I drew a straight line for the mouth. With your nail striper and white polish, draw on Dracula's fangs; I simply did two triangles. I added some red onto his fangs because no vampire look is ever complete without some blood.




On my thumb, I drew this white arrow-like thing that is basically just Dracula's simple white collared shirt.




I then drew a simple red bow tie and added two small black lines on each side. I went back to my pastel blue and dotted on small blue dots going down the white part. (I did take a picture of that, but I accidentally deleted it)




For the rest of my nails, I simply took a cosmetics sponge, sprayed a little water on it and applied some red. I wasn't really going for an ombré look, I just wanted to add some color to the boring black. If you'd like to try out the ombré look, you can paint your whole nail red, then sponge on black and a burgundy color in between the red and black to blend it out.


I really hope you guys have been enjoying my Halloween nails. If you want to see something else, doesn't necessarily have to be nail related, do not be afraid to leave a comment with your suggestions. Thank you xo





Dracula Nail Art

Posted on

17 October 2013

Category

,

Leave a Reply